Follow these steps to make your move a better one.
Over 1 Month To Go
- Reserve a Penske truck for your moving day now for best rates. Determine the right truck size with Penske’s Truck Wizard.
- Get some help with your move at www.pensketruckrental.com/plan-your-move/.
- Visit Arrow Space Self Storage to buy your boxes and the moving supplies you’ll need.
- Decide what things get packed, donated, and thrown out. Then start packing.
- Take your pets to the vet for one last exam and to pick up a copy of their records.
- Pack out-of-season and non-essential items early.
- Look into homeowner’s or renter’s insurance for your new place.
2 Weeks To Go
- Change your address at the post office or at www.usps.com.
- Contact your utility companies and service providers:
- Cable/Satellite TV
- Collect important records and documents: medical, dental, school transcript, titles, financial and tax records.
- Secure moving-day help. Ask friends and family to save the date; reserve sitters; contact simplemovinglabor.com.
1 Day To Go
- Finish packing, taping and labeling boxes.
- Prepare major appliances and electronics for the move.
- Secure dresser drawers and appliance doors with rope and tape.
- Assemble a moving-day kit, including directions, map, GPS, checkbook, credit cards, IDs, eyeglasses, sunglasses, prescription drugs, flashlight, water, snacks, games for kids, and old and new house keys.
- Pick up your rental truck the day/evening before to save time on moving day
- Clean your house or apartment.
The Big Day
- Make sure everything is organized and packed in boxes before you pick up your truck.
- Pack games for the kids. Happy kids travel better.
- Arrive early to pick up your truck.
- Have a safe trip!